~ Feeling Valentines? ~ / Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Happy Valentine's Day to all!
I'm just here wondering...do girls who are with someone treat this day like a second birthday?
And do most single girls treat it like the worst dreaded day of the year?
Personally, I never really thought much about Valentine's Day. You either get something or you don't.
But beyond all that mushy stuff and popular belief that Valentine's Day is designed to be just for couples, I believe that Valentine's Day can be a day to show that you care about your friends.
Before I continue on, I must say
Happy Birthday to Stanley and Martin! Happy 17th Guys. How cool is that?! Having your birthday on Valentine's Day! Maybe not...It's a waste of that second birthday idea, isn't it?
Ok, carrying on. I hope you girls like the roses I sent. Hopefully, I made this Valentine's Day slightly more enjoyable for you. Think of it as a good luck rose for whatever happens later this year.
(I'm sorry Phie...I never bought a rose using the Sydney Girls' system before, so things got slightly complicated...I wrote Happy Birthday on your card instead of on Martin's....so I had to like...sorta change that >_<" I really hope you don't mind!!! )
The reason behind the terribly scrawled cards with the roses was because:
i) there is like..an eternal line of Year 8 boys with a pack of Year 8 girls constantly surrounding the line...
ii) whenever I get to the front to buy a rose, they run out of red cards. Then they tell me to go back tomorrow. Hence thursday and friday were failed missions. Finally got to buy them at the end of Monday lunch after waiting from the start of Monday lunch...
iii) they ran out of red cards again on Monday hence the stupid crappy exercise paper
iv) it was downright pouring so if the cards looked spongy, it wasn't my fault!
v) I literally had about 15-30 seconds on each card since you need to hand in the cards before they pack up the stall and run away from the rain.
Finally, I'd like to thank all the people who gave me a Valentine's Gift this year. I really like the gifts you gave me and made me feel quite special on this day. Really went straight to my heart. You know who you are and I'm sorry if the gifts I gave you guys were inadequate.
Think of this day like Christmas. You get some gifts from people and you give some to others as well. As long as someone out there felt as happy as I did at receiving a gift today, I feel satisfied.
SO EVERYBODY, SMILE!!!!!(the clouds were actually pretty lovely today at about 10-12)
Labels: blog, Friends
/because of my high tolerance.
9:59:00 PM
>>>