/ Wednesday, August 29, 2007
It is a free day today.
Yes, which meant I did absolutely nothing constructive. And that is as it should be.
Woke up at 7 (normal school time) cursed myself then slept again.
Woke up at 8 (normal friday school time) cursed myself then slept again.
Woke up at 9:45 (normal saturday time) cursed my body clock yet again.
And then woke up at 12, when my body got the hint I was trying to be a lazy kent.
And that's so strange, because I woke up at EXACTLY the same time my alarm would've waken me up in those circumstances. But when I don't set my alarm clocks in normal times, I oversleep. It just doesn't make any sense.
But anyway, I started youtubing anime until 2:30, then started to watch all the videos that I've made/taken in the past from the vault and I just felt like crying. Yeah...I mean, when I look back, those times are gone now. While most of them were just nonsensical videos of certain people getting hurt/bullied or some mad scheme of a prank, there were also those videos that I took which while low in action, made up for in pure conversations. What that means is the videos that were taken of the group just chatting normally, not acting like gooks the moment they realise the camera was recording.
I think those conversations are the best because you just end up laughing at the stupidity of it all; and at the realisation that contextually you once thought it made perfect sense. That would probably be my biggest reason for liking to take videos more than pictures.
Pictures are so fake; they don't embody anything unless it was taken without the subject's consent. When you 'take' a photo, everybody is smiling and looking at the camera; maybe with their fingers bent into a V or with their middle finger up. And when you look at it, you don't feel anything.
A video is different. Aside from adding a new dimension in movement, it also captures personality. And whether you cringe when you look at what you did in those videos, you acknowledge that that was what you once were like. From those feelings reminiscence is induced.
---
Did you know that X'mas casual job applications are closing soon? So stupid....they close so godamn early. I just filled in an application for David Jones and I'll probably do the same thing for Myer and Toys R Us after English tomorrow.
I hate it whenever they tell me to submit my resume and I keep forgetting where I put that file. I always have to end up typing another one only to lose it again the next time I need it.
---
Eclipse yesterday was okay. I saw it when I took out the garbage. Thought it was pretty awesome so I took the laptop and camped on the roof looking at it. The weather was perfect yesterday night as well, only 19 degrees, so it wasn't cold or anything.
Lol, but it wasn't fantastic or anything, because of some shitty clouds obscuring the bottom half of it. What annoys me most though is that I forgot to take my camera up there with me.
Labels: blog, Friends, memories, rant, spam, weather
/because of my high tolerance.
3:23:00 PM
>>>