Drifting / Saturday, January 26, 2008
DriftersOur friendship began on shaky grounds
We forged a bond through mutual respect
and similarities that prove unfounded
So there is no wonder in the reasons of our drift
From where you once stood and where I am still standing
We shared good times together
We shouldered out the bad
And never once did I consider that things would be different
I guess I'm sorry I was so naive
That I was so gullible and believed.
So when you slowly melted from my fingertips
I slowly died within.
A new start, A new beginning
The echo of a life once lived and dead
Long times have passed
And I had told you all that I could
But still...
Things were different.
You were never the same again
Not the 'you' I knew, nor the 'me' that you knew.
You'd say it was inevitable, I'd say it's a pity
To the end, there is only one thing I can silently tell you:
Thanks. Thanks for drifting.
Thanks for making me the drifter I am today.
Never to belong, only to exist
as the shadow that needs to be filled.
I close my eyes...
and sigh.
Labels: emotions, literature, thoughts
/because of my high tolerance.
7:59:00 PM
>>>