Merry Christmas / Thursday, December 25, 2008
Merry Christmas y'all. Have a happy Jesus' Birthday. =)
Before my house becomes inundated with boring and moronic people with their idea of 'Christmas Dish', I would like to take this time to announce that most likely, before the moronic of you actually get here, that you are all actually really useful to me at one point or another.
Before the surprise and confusion in your minds right now about my previous paragraph is replaced by darker emotions like anger and annoyance, I would like to just add that even as boring and moronic as you are, I deeply care for your existence in this all-too dreary world. For it is you guys that I know, not all those other boring and moronic people I don't know, so for that, I think both parties (one being you and one being me) are in agreement and can let a sigh of relief.
To me, the subtleties of Christmas which I once claimed I knew ever so well (aged 5) are slowly disappearing, lost in the midst of memories of the past but more so because I've just lost faith in the entire scheme of ideas. But then again, none of you really believe in Christmas either, so you'd all just take said idea as merely proving how independent I am of Christmas, not as to the fact that I just really really really wish Santa would get me a better Christmas present this year. And of course, by Santa, I mean you guys. =P
That of course, is a reasonable rationalisation, because, that's what rationalisation really is, isn't it? Its all about lying to yourself. If I'm lying to someone else because I don't want them to know something, that's called falsifying. If I'm lying to someone else because they don't need to know, then that's a white lie. If I'm lying to someone else to detract them from a topic, then that's bullshitting. However, if I'm lying to myself, then that's rationalising.
I've been told by many of said moronic people (not necessarily yourself, but seeing how you've already associated yourself with that word and already been conditioned by me as a 'moronic', you can quickly see the underlying irony of the power of a few short paragraphs.) that I'm being way too logical in the way that I think, perhaps even laterally, because really, it doesn't seem to make sense. Some philosophers will tell you that logic is advanced philosophy, perhaps even 'too difficult' for them to explain to you. Don't you believe them - its nothing of the sort.
It is since Euclid, whose elegant mathematical proofs seemed so much better than ordinary language discussions, that philosphers have been atracted towards logic - the attempt to impose order on our concepts, language and ideas. Logic is a mathematical way of looking at the world (no surprise as a High Boy), which bears only a rather flimsy resemblance to it, entirely based on the assumptions that you start with.
edit:
But logic isn't what necessarily dictates our lives, and for that reason, what I had to say no longer is valid. What really happened is I forgot to post this blog entry on Christmas, and the interest I had in writing something I thought was a well-worded ramble is now that without the 'well-worded'.
Will instead do a blog entry on the clothing splurge that ensued in the hours after the party. =)
Labels: Friends, rant, thoughts
/because of my high tolerance.
12:20:00 PM
>>>