My first Credit / Sunday, November 1, 2009
Quick note; Im on STUVAC now. =|
Yes, following up on my post about my OSCEs, I'm proud to announce I got my first ever credit! Yay! =)
With a score of 66, I've beaten my pb and finally broken through the barrier of just 'pass'.
I know I know...you're all probably thinking, "dude cam, its just a credit? chillax!" But I can't... I'm sorry =/ I can't tell you just how exciting it is to finally get a grade that doesn't make you feel, "Omg, I was SO close to failing that."
It's just that every other exam for the past 2 yrs has always been a matter of 'am I going to pass or fail?', since my exams are just THAT much of a bitch. Again, point proven, last sem 30% of the year failed; and I was lucky to scrape a few points above a pass.
Based on my aggregates for this year thus far, I am actually pretty happy considering that last year this time I was standing on like a 47; and now I'm on a 60. =) What isn't very cool though, is the fact they introduced a new rule; where we all need to pass at least 6/9 of our exams. So really, it doesn't even really matter if we get over 50 or not anymore; we need to at least pass 6 exams!!
For me, that's going to be a real challenge. Just when I thought I should be alright since 60 is high enough to keep me afloat, bam, here comes this stupid hurdle. Blaagh; in any case, this means I can only fail 1 more exam in the coming finals since I failed 2 in 1st semester. Atm, I'm standing on 3/5 of exams, so will need to get 3/4 or better to stay in the game.
Exam timetable is:
09/11 - MEQ
11/11 - SAQ
13/11 - MCQ
16/11 - MCQ
-----
Now moving onto other news, I got results for my placements for next year (assuming that I pass)
Year 3 gets broken up into 3 trimesters (lol? i know xD), with it being split between MiC (meaning community), medicine, and surgery. MiC is pretty much research and general work into and involvement with the community, whereas medicine and surgery are based full time in hospital. SO this pretty much means apart from conference weeks next year (3 of them), I won't even be at uni anymore =( My life as a uni student is already over...
In any case, this is my placement as follows:
Trimester 1: MiC, MiC
Trimester 2: Medicine: Endocrine/Ambulatory Care. (6 wks) Medicine: Neurology. (6 wks)
Trimester 3: Surgery: General/Upper GIT (stomach etc) (6 wks) Surgery: Orthopaedics (Bone) (6 weeks)
Pretty psyched about it if I make it through. I managed to score my 3rd preference, as opposed to alot of people who somehow ended up with their 9th or like 13th (lol) preference. I really wanted cardiology, but I can't complain about neurology, since there's really only like 1 spot for it per group.
Ah medicine; you have indeed taken over my life, even though I said that you won't. =/
P.S: I've got a lot more tutoring students now! I don't need to find a summer job anymore =) Having money makes me happy.
Labels: medicine
/because of my high tolerance.
11:39:00 PM
>>>