LG Viewty / Friday, July 25, 2008
So I'm back at uni again. Been back for 2 weeks now. And slowly counting it down...12 more weeks, just 12 more weeks to go...
And it aint all bad. Exam marks came back, and I reckon they were deserving. Wish they were just a lil higher though. Regardless, it doesn't matter. It all depends on 2nd semester anyway...that's worth the muda-fookin 65%
Alot of people are spending their last week of holidays going out now; and although I cannot join you guys, I still wish you guys have fun...spending what's left of your cash. I know I've already gone broke during mine, and mine were half the length of yours.
Oh, and of course, saying happy birthdays' to Yi for turning 19 and Bonnie on turning 18 (on the 28th I know, but looking at my erratic posts, probably won't post in time)
My new timetable looks exactly the same as the old one, except now my clinical day is now moved to Thursday at 9am. Seriously, I hate my clinical doctor tutor. He sucks ass. Major ass. Last semester I think we had subs show up more than he ever did. And on the times he does show up, he turns up at least 1/2 hr late. To add to that, he keeps moving our times. From Tuesdays at 2pm (when he rocks up at 2:30pm) to Tuesdays at 2:30pm (where he shows up at 3pm) then to Thursdays at 10am (where he didn't even show) and now to Thursdays at 9am (yet to know if he'll turn up on time, but his track record isn't good). I have a half a mind to start a complaint, because at this rate, I'm going to fail my 2nd semester practicals. I cannot afford to have that happen. And he gives crappy feedback. Um...oh, and yeah! He's probably moving us around just to fill in his clinical rounds! Other doctors keep calling him and asking him where he is and he just answers, "I'm with my students at the moment..." Lame, lazy doctor.
On the bright side I can now do gastro-intestinal examinations, albeit shoddily. Stethoscope was also used for the 1st time. W00t~
And I also got myself a new phone. I'm now officially with '3' on the $29 cap for the LG U990, otherwise known as the LG Viewty.
Really sexy...Having barely used it for 2 days, I can't really comment on it without considerable bias. Or shouts of enthusiam detailing just how sexy it is, how the touch-screen functionality is just really really cool, or just how phat the screen is, or the complete slickness of the 5 megapixel camera. I realise that going to uni now kind of means I should have outgrown that high-school fervent behaviour of whipping out the new phone and telling everybody, so I can only restrict myself to my blog here. =) Regardless, I'm very happy.
Here letting a holler that my new number is 0430 352 100. Store this if you're with 3. Otherwise, my existing number 0405 840 960 for any people with Optus.
There were other things that I wanted to say, but kinda want to do some tute homework now, so I shall post some other time.
OH OH OH! I remember something I have to post!
I've been reading Amy Tan lately (yes, the author of titles such as 'Joy Luck Club' and 'The Kitchen God's Wife') and having chanced upon this gem of a book titled 'The opposite of fate'. This book can be called her own autobiography of sorts, except its written as a jumbled series of memories in the form of entries, ranging from her own writing competition entries as an 8 year old to her own frustrated writing/thinking processes as a modern writer.
Extremely insightful and full of facts of lifeI found tears welling in the confines of my eyes near 3 times at various sections of the book, although I'm sure its because of how well any Asian-Australian can relate to her own woes growing up as a child of two cultures. I recommend it as a must-read.
----------------
Now playing:
Fushigi Yugi - Itooshi hito no tameni (opening)Labels: birthdays, blog, celebrations, exams, life, literature
/because of my high tolerance.
8:23:00 PM
>>>